UPSC Indian Forest Services ( IFS ) Exam
Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in a year. UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Service) Exam 2017 will be conducted in two major phases i.e. Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main). For appearing in Indian Forest Service Examination (Main) it is essential to qualify the Civil Services Examination (Preliminary).
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued notification for the recruitment of 110 posts in Indian Forest Service’s Examination 2017. The Eligible candidate can apply online UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Vacancy 2017 through official website. The other details regarding application fee, age limit, qualification are given below.
UPSC IFS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality of a candidate must be either of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 for permanent settlement in India.
- Migrant from any of the following countries for permanently settling in India: Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam
Candidate should hold a degree from any of the recognised universities or must have an equivalent qualification
- Decision-making ability
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge about foreign nations and current affairs
- Leadership ability
- Good analytical ability
- Minimum age 21 years
- Maximum age 30 years as on 1st of August in the year of examination.
Relaxable age limit is as follows:
- Upto max. 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Upto max. 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Upto max. 5 years for candidate from the State of Jammu & Kashmir
- Upto max. 5 years for Defence Services personnel
- Upto max. 5 years for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service and have been released.
- Upto max. 5 years for ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service.
- Upto max. 10 years for Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons
Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts is as follows:
- General Category Candidates: 4 attempts
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates: No restriction
- Other Backward Class candidates: 7 attempts